The Woodward Camp Foundation provides tens of thousands of dollars in scholarships in all sports each summer. These awards are distributed to deserving individuals who otherwise would not have the opportunity to attend Woodward Tahoe.
The Woodward Camp Foundation is made possible by contributions from sponsors, pro riders, individuals, gyms, and others who want to give something back to their sport and make the “Woodward Dream” possible for less fortunate children.
- The 1st Round of Scholarship Applications are due December 1, 2017, 2nd round are due February 1, 2018 and the final round is due April 1, 2018.
- Camp Woodward, PA, Woodward West, CA and Woodward Copper, CO each have their own scholarship application, available on their respective websites.
- Be sure to fill out the application in its entirety. Applications missing information, including requested letters and financial information, will not be considered.
- Do not include videos they will be discarded. Scholarship aid is based strictly on financial need only.
- Camp registration payments will be returned if your application is denied. We do not want to assume that we can provide enough funding for your child to attend and consequently do not want to tie up your money, which would be subject to cancellation policies.
- If you are 100% sure that you will register your child for camp regardless of scholarship funding, please go ahead and book your child’s camp. IF YOU REGISTER ONLINE, please select the Flex Pay option. NOTE: Scholarships may not be available for every week of camp. Registering your child for a specific week of camp before scholarships are awarded will not guarantee funding assistance for that specific week.
- We do not consider aid for multi-week stays. The Foundation’s mission is to assist in getting as many children to camp as possible.
- If you have multiple children applying for scholarships, apply for each independently … include all required materials for EACH child.
- Please understand the foundations main goal is getting as many children to attend camp for their first time. Applicants who have previously attended a Woodward camp, will have a lower priority.
- Applications must be received in its entirety by the deadline. You must register your child by the new deadline on the award notification to maintain eligibility for this discount.
- Scholarships are need-based; decisions are not based on talent or achievement of the camper. The more specific you can be about your financial situation and/or need for financial aid, the quicker the scholarship committee will be able to evaluate your application. If you or your child have made efforts to save or earn money for camp, mention it in your letters. Your child’s letter should discuss his or her love of the sport and how s/he believes camp attendance will help him/her to achieve his/her goals.
- Limited funds are available. Scholarships are awarded in various amounts; aid is not equivalent to full tuition. Travel expenses to and from camp are not included in awards.
- You will be notified via email if an award is made in your child’s name. Awards will be notified within 2 weeks after each round. We will continue reviewing applications until all award funding has been distributed. The earlier you can apply, the better your chances are of receiving aid. Unfortunately, we will receive more applications than we will be able to award. You will be given a deadline to accept your award; if we do not receive written or emailed intent to register by that deadline, we will assume the award has been rejected.
- Do not call or email to check on the status of your application, if your child receives a scholarship award, we will be in contact.
More info coming soon...